Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 19, 2015

First trip of the season


Sadly, I haven’t been fishing much the last two years. Since moving from the farm that bordered the Mulberry River here in northern Alabama, I kinda lost my desire for a little while. But, for some reason, this spring hit me hard and that desire is now back in full force.

Having acquired permission to go back to the farm anytime I want to fish has really lifted my spirits. This weekend, unless the river is too high to fish that is where I’ll be. We are experiencing tremendous amounts of rain right now so my plans could change as the weekend gets closer.

This first trip of the season won’t be about how big a fish I can catch or how many; it will be about what fishing should be about…simply fishing. For that reason I think my tackle will in the ultra-lite range. Tiny lures and 4 pound line is always a challenge, and always fun. It can also be a humbling experience.

Well, having not finished this article in one setting, my first trip is now in the past. The water was indeed too high for me to fish the Mulberry so I opted to do a little pond fishing. Having fished this pond for many years, I knew that either bass were going to be biting or bluegill would be more active. Turns out that bluegill fishing was awesome. I did go with the small tackle and the four pound test line and it made for a very fun, relaxing, first, trip of the season. I have a little video of part of my day to share with you.  Enjoy, and you guys have a great day. https://youtu.be/bM7piM7srGY

No comments:

Post a Comment