Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 18, 2017

When you think you have seen it all...



Well guys this week has been tough. During the time that I had to fish, it was brutally, hot. One of my fishing days I had the bright Idea to fish a kayak tournament, then the same afternoon film a show. This was a very bad idea idea. It left me dehydrated and totally exhausted. But, it was nobody’s fault but my own. I didn’t drink enough water or eat properly.

On a brighter note, I did get my show filmed and turned in on time. I also witnessed something on Lake Catoma I’d like to share with you. Now for those of you not from my area, Lake Catoma is our public water source. It has a ten horsepower, motor restriction, and there is no swimming or wading allowed. What I saw Saturday afternoon around 6:00 pm completely caught me off guard. A man and his family headed down the lake just as many families do in their little boats. But, somewhere between the boat ramp and the 157 bridge the man stopped his boat and let his kids out to swim. Not only was this activity against the law, it was extremely dangerous. The boaters on our lake do not look for swimmers in the water…they aren’t supposed to be there. Hell, some don’t even look for other boaters.

The right thing for me to have done was to have gotten word to them that they were breaking the law or simply picked up the phone and called 911. The area they were swimming in was a heavily used boat lane that most boaters coming and going always use. I kept thinking that soon they will climb back in the boat and go on their merry way. Forty-five minutes later they did. This has bothered me ever since that day. I have made up my mind to make the call if I ever see this again. I hope if any of you witness this type of dangerous behavior on this waterway or another you will please report it. I would rather see someone get a ticket that to end up with a life being lost.

https://youtu.be/qykZObsCkF8

No comments:

Post a Comment